Saturday, July 10, 2010

Zachary's 3rd Birthday Party

Zachary was blessed to have two birthday parties this year....one in Iowa and one in Virginia! When trying to decide what theme I wanted for his party, I knew it had to have something to do with letters as he was very interested in the alphabet at that time. After digging through my books, I came upon Chicka Chicka Boom Boom! What a great way to tie in the alphabet theme!
Here is his invitation:

The guests were greeted with an alphabet line in the driveway. (I wanted them to stand up, but the tape I had didn't work) Another Chicka Chicka Tree in the kitchen.
And one more coconut tree outside.
Zachary says "let the party begin!"
The best part about this party was that I got to plan 26 different activities: one for every letter of the alphabet!

A is for Alphabet
The kids used alphabet stamps to make their name on their party bags.
Prize: Alphabet Stamps

B is for Bowling
Coconut tree bowling pins & coconuts for the bowling balls
Prize: Bubbles

C is for Coconut Cups
Use foam stickers to write your names on a coconut cup.


D is for Duck
Spin the ducks, pick one up, if it has a "D" inside you win a prize
Prize: Rubber Ducky


E is for Elephant
Toss rings onto the elephant's trunk


F is for Flamingo
Stand on one foot like a flamingo Prize:
Flamingo Straw for the coconut cup

G is for Giraffe
Dig through the Grass to find somethings giraffes don't eat
Prize: Gummies (alphabet shaped)

H is for Horse
Toss horseshoes
Prize: Horse notepad I is for Insect
Look for an insect in the garden
Prize: Insect House

J is for Jump
Jump in the bouncy houseLily & Zachary Jumping in the bouncy house: K is for Kick
Kick the ball into the goal
L is for Lollipop & Lambs
Pick a Lollipop out of the lamb's meadow
Prize: Lollipop


Zachary loved the lambs M is for Mini-Golf N is for Name
Hop to the letters in your name
Prize: A smaller version of this foam puzzle O is for Octopus
Toss rings onto the octopus P is for Paint
Paint on the sheet with alphabet stamps
Q is for Quarter
Toss a quarter onto a star
Prize: Quarter
R is for Rabbit
Feed the rabbits some lettuce
Prize: Chocolate Rabbit



S is for Sand
Dig through the sand to find a "Mama/Papa" uppercase letter and a matching lowercase letter then hang them on the coconut tree

T is for Truck
Race two monster trucks down the ramp
Prize: Truck


U is for Upside down & Under
Draw a picture under the table while lying upside downV is for Valentine
Mail a valentine in the mailbox
Prize: Valentine pencil W is for Wagon
Count the worms in the wagon
Prize: Alphabet stencil to "Write" with X marks the spot
Follow the map to the find the treasure box
Prize: Ring Pop Y is for Yellow
Follow the yellow yarn maze
Prize: Yo-Yo Z is for Zebra
Use the zebra squirter to wash the mud off the zebra At each letter station, they placed a foam sticker on their coconut tree party bag. After collecting all 26 letters they got their final prize: A magnetic Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree filled with alphabet letters. (I made these with magnetic paint and a pringles can)

All their prizes:The menu with foods from A-Z
I used three pineapples and alphabet letters on toothpicks to make the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Tree centerpiece:
Celery Trees with Alphabet Cereal
Palm tree platters I found this cute bowl and matching pitcher which I added alphabet stickers to.
A very bad picture of the alphabet pasta
Zachary's favorite food of the day was the alphabet jello jigglers
Alphabet Cereal & Coco Puff (coconuts) Bars
Alphabet Tator Tots
The Cake!!!
As you can see from this video, Grandpa's "candle blowing" lesson from Zachary's party in Iowa didn't have much influence on his ability to get these three blown out:


The cupcakes:
Earlier in the morning Zachary enjoyed his present from Grandmommy & Granddaddy.
Present time

Zachary really enjoyed the zebra umbrella that Rowan gave to him. In the photo below, you can see the shirt we had made for him.
He loved the umbrella so much he had to have it open while he opened the rest of his presents.
The BIG present from mommy & daddy.....a trampoline!
Mikie wanted a chicka chicka 123 shirt but of course he wanted it to go to 100!
And none of this would have been possible without our Super Boagie!!!!

My happy three year old! CHICKA CHICKA BOOM BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 3rd Birthday Zachary!!! I enjoyed your Chicka,Chicka,Boom,Boom party. It was a lot of fun watching you do all the ABC's.

    Tracy, you are remarkable... an activity, prize & food for every letter of the alphabet! I don't know who had more fun at this party, the birthday boy, his friends, relatives, myself or you?!?!?! I loved your idea for Zachary's shirt, very cute! All the work you did preparing for this party paid off. (I wish everyone knew how much work you put into these party. Homemade candy letters, pineapple/coconut cake (to go along with the coconut tree theme), crafts, games, some homemade prizes, leasing animals, etc.)

    Thanks for letting me be a part of another AWESOME party for your son. Love ya all.

    Love the boys' photo on your home page and the background! Very beautiful and fallish.

    ReplyDelete