Saturday, May 29, 2010

My third home...

Of course, my first HOME will forever and always be my parent's farm in Iowa. And my second HOME is constantly changing from house to house wherever the Navy decides to send us. But my third HOME, well...that one, the boys and I get to visit at least once a year at the end of May when the Wymans allow us to stay with them on Whidbey Island. From the moment I step in their door, I always feel that I've just come HOME! During the two years that I was lucky enough to be their neighbor, I think Mikie and I probably spent as much time at their house as we did our own. So we always get very excited when Tate's birthday rolls around and we get to fly back HOME. Mikie and his dolphin pillow pet watch the runway.

Zachary and his Zebra pillow pet.

My boys and all their energy (video):

The boys were EXCELLENT on the long flight across the country both there and back. They were so good and entertained by the DVD player that I was able to read an entire book!

One of our favorite things to do when we visit is to throw rocks into Puget sound. The day was absolutely gorgeous and made me miss Whidbey so much!



I LOVE IT HERE!
We let the kids play a round of mini-golf at the deception pass course that we have never been to before.

FRIENDSHIPS
Zachary and Ayden look about the same size in this picture, but trust me they aren't. Zachary's still a little peanut and just got the higher side of the cushion.
Mikie and Tate enjoyed a little Wii bowling on a rainy afternoon.

Thank you Amber and Andy for allowing us to invade your home every year. We miss you all!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you named the farm as #1 or you might have been in trouble and no more visits from Boagie. ha,ha

    Those five year old friends sure look grown up since when I first saw them both together (a few years ago.)Time sure goes fast.

    I'm very happy that the Jones/Wymans have remained friends (and still visit each other) over the many, many miles that seperate these TWO WONDERFUL FAMILIES!!!!) I love you all! Boagie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you feel at home here. We love it when you come to visit! So glad we had such beautiful weather when you came.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice the Wyman's entertained you with the boys favorite activities, bowling & golfing! Having wonderful friends are priceless even across the entire United States!

    ReplyDelete