Friday, March 20, 2009

Mikie says...

It's been awhile since I've posted one of these:

I'll start with a saying that he has just always said: When pushing a truck/car backwards he'll say "I have to Beep Up" (instead of back up...I guess because some trucks beep when they back up)



While playing with his leapfrog touchpad, one of the questions I heard the book ask was: "How many brothers do you have?" Mikie responded "Three" So I ask him why he said three instead of one and he promptly tells me, "You're going to 'lay' two more" (Gee...let's hope not!...although that does fit in with the prediction my mom's friend did with a wedding ring which revealed 4 boys + 1 girl)



Mikie enjoys looking out of the car window and telling everyone what type of clouds are in the sky. One day he saw the really big ones and said "God lives in the cumulonimbus clouds" I too remember thinking that God lived in the clouds when I was a kid.



Recently, I've been trying to convince him that he still needs a nap (which he really does!) but he's been fighting it hard. So, I've told him that on the days he takes a nap he can stay up until 8:00, but if he chooses not to take a nap then he has to go to bed at 7:00. Strangely he cannot seem to remember if indeed he did fall asleep or not. So, one night as we were driving home from dinning out, Mikie pipes up from his car seat in the most serious of all voices "Oh NO, it's 7:08...did I take a nap?"



2/25/09 At the intersection of Route 1 and 17 while stopped at a red light, the boys spot the car dealership to the right. Zachary is pointing at the balloons and saying 'pink'. Mikie told me that Zachary wanted a balloon and I explained that they were not giving those balloons away. That didn't stop him from saying: "Maybe we can get one of those balloons with a car attached to it." (yea, if it were only that easy....Excuse me, sir....my son would like a balloon with a car attached to it...a pink one please.....and could you make sure the car that comes with it is a Mercedes.....thanks!)



Here's a funny story that didn't need any cute sayings:

Mikie (usually) doesn't get a lot of tv time each day so when he does get to watch something he is really focused on it and hates to have to miss any of it. In the middle of a very interesting Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, I see him push pause and jump off the couch. I ask him what he's doing and he tells me he has to go potty. I then watch him run for the kitchen while looking over his shoulder to make sure the show is still paused. All the while he has his thumbs poked into his pants getting ready to pull them down to take care of business. I decide to keep watching because the bathroom is in the opposite direction from where he is headed. With his eyes still focused on the plasma screen he opens the refrigerator door and starts to pull down his pants before he realizes what he is doing and then shakes his head and laughs as he runs to the bathroom. I was laughing hysterically for minutes! This immediately brought back "the fridge" incident while we were potty training him 2 1/2 years ago.

The Fridge Incident (2006/07 while potty training Mikie): When Mikie was 19 months old, he asked me what I was doing in the bathroom one day so I told him I was going pee pee on the potty. To which, he replied "Mikie go pee pee in potty" From that day on, he would go whenever I went. To speed things along, we let him go naked from the waist down while running around our house and he'd usually do a great job remembering to "hurry hurry" (as Boagie taught him to say). On one of those "naked" days I was fixing lunch with Mikie underfoot in the kitchen. I opened the fridge to get out a needed ingredient and Mikie reached in to get his milk. I didn't think much of it and even watched the door swing closed only to be stopped by his little legs and backside. After lunch and nap (a significant time had passed) I went to the fridge to begin to prepare supper and reached for some type of condiment on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator door....when I saw it....a cold, hard poop nugget! Mikie hadn't been playing in the fridge, he had been so quiet and still because he was pooping in the fridge!

6 comments:

  1. Let me know if you get one of those pink balloons with the car attached and I'll try it also.

    I love the lay another sibling story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bathroom story made me laugh. It's amazing how they can get so wrapped up in watching a show... You'd better get going if you're planning on "laying" three more kids!!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love him running to the bathroom...at least you didn't end up with a present this time! I also loved "I have to beep up"....they say the funniest things in all seriousness!
    Let me know when you are ready to lay another baby, THAT is something I would like to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the story about in the car when he said "It's 7:08, Did I take a nap?" That made me laugh out loud. How cute is that.

    All of the stories are great. Yes, it would be nice if the car came with a balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I'm sorry, but I agree with Carrie, I would love to be around when you 'lay' another baby. lol!

    You finally posted the refrigerator poop story! Thankfully! It's so funny and I laughed again just reading the story. The things that we deal with now that we have kids!

    I was just going to post about Tate saying that cars are 'beeping up'. I think it's so funny that they both came up with the same saying even though they are far away from each other!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo...which place is that's giving away the balloons with the car attached to it? (funny!) Natalie asked me today if she could drive home from church. Clearly she needs a car to practice her newfound driving skills.

    ReplyDelete