The annual Dr. Seuss Day at my house was a big success again this year. We had 6 moms and 13 kids participating: Andrea Taylor & 2 kids, Stephanie Harless & 3 kids, Kelly Battles & 3 kids, Krisite & 2 kids, Kim Cannon & 1 kid, Myself and my 2 boys.
Mikie is wearing my Horton Hears A Who shirt and Zachary is wearing a Horton shirt that used to fit Mikie two years ago.
The "quiet audience"1st book: THE FOOT BOOK
Activities:

"The Footy Dooty" played like hokey pokey but all actions involved our feet.
Matching animal footprints.
Creating their own unique foot.2nd Book: ONE FISH, TWO FISH, RED FISH, BLUE FISH
Activities:
Ring the Gack ring toss.3rd Book: HORTON HATCHES THE EGG
Activities:

Painting elephantbirds and attaching feathers for wings. Then making them fly out of koozies that I found which were red and white spotted just like Horton's egg.
While reading the book, I used our Horton puppet to act out some of the scenes and at the end when the elephant bird pops out I made ours "fly" out too.


I love that you keep teaching! :)
ReplyDeleteI want to be like you when I grow up, Tracy!
My multi tasking daughter (pic of foot measuring.)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lot of fun for all. Would have loved to been there to see the egg sucked in the bottle.
Since I have known you the longest of anyone..I will say I am not surprised for you to start planning now.